Thursday, July 7, 2016
2016 UK Corn, Soybean & Tobacco Field Day
The 2016 UK Corn, Soybean & Tobacco Field Day will be held Thursday, July 28th at the UK Research and Education Center in Princeton, (1205 Hopkinsville St., Princeton, KY 42445). Registration will begin at 7:00 am (CDT) and the tours will begin at 7:50 am (CDT). The field day will conclude with lunch provided by the Kentucky Soybean Board & the Kentucky Corn Growers Association.
Field Day Topics Will Include:
• Soil Water, Crop & Remote Sensing Measurements for Irrigation Management
• ID of Stink Bugs & Influence of Seed-Treated Soybeans with Neonicotinoids & Border Management
• New Weed Control Technologies – Are We Prepared?
• New Soybean Planting Date Recommendations for KY
• Really High Populations & Really High Yields
• Determining the Economic Value of Poultry Litter
• Corn & Soybean Disease Update
• Cover Crops for Weed Management
• Managing Manure Nutrients
• Corn & Soybean Outlook
• Dark Tobacco Research Update: Potassium Fertility and Contact Sucker Control
• Update on New Pesticides and Pesticide Residues in Tobacco
• Potential for Chemical Topping in Burley Tobacco
CCA Credits & Pesticide Credits have been requested.
For more information click here or contact Colette Laurent, 270-365-7541, ext. 264